Friday, March 24, 2017

Old Folks: Chapter 1



This photo represents a closed chapter with my in-laws. Everyday for lunch he would take her to Dairy Queen because she hasn't been capable of cooking the past three years. His cooking skills consist of instant oatmeal and peanut butter sandwiches.

When we visit on the weekends it's of course always Dairy Queen, always the same food order and usually the same booth. 

One morning he didn't know who the woman was sleeping on the sofa so a tough decision was made to check them into the nursing home. 

They spent the first day trying to escape.


Hipstamatic App with Gregory Lens, BlacKeys44 film.

3 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. Hubby and I both have aging parents, all in different stages of care needs. I'm sending up prayers for you and for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to live this. Thank you for sharing. I do not look forward to the day when I find myself in similar battles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Roxi. My parents' generation have all passed, blessedly with their mental faculties mostly intact to the end. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, and I'm sorry they do, too. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!